Warm quinoa salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red cabbage, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs seeded mustard
- 1 handful parsley, torn
- 4 tbs pumpkin seeds
Cook the quinoa with 1½ cups of water in a rice cooker or in a saucepan over medium-high heat. It’s cooked when it appears slightly translucent and fluffy.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add all the vegetables and toss well for 1 minute.cReduce the heat and cover, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
Place the lemon juice in a small bowl, add the mustard and a dash of oil and mix well. Once the quinoa is cooked, place it in a large salad bowl, add the vegetables and parsley, pour over the dressing and toss well. Sprinkle through the pumpkin seeds, toss again and serve