Quick chicken curry
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium onion (any type), cut into wedges
- 300g lean chicken breast, diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into ½-cm rounds
- 1 cup green beans, chopped and cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 tsp curry paste
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and chicken and cook until lightly browned. Add the carrot and beans and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Add the curry paste and combine well, then cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced a little.
Divide the curry between two plates and serve with the rice.