Pork, baby corn & broccoli stir-fry
- 20g dried shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- 1½ cups chopped broccoli
- 8 spears canned baby sweetcorn, drained
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tbs salt-reduced chicken stock (or water)
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 250g lean pork fillet, fat trimmed, cut into strips
- 1½ cups red capsicum strips
- 1½ cups basmati rice, cooked
If using the mushrooms, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out any excess water. Remove and discard the stems and finely shred the caps into thin strips.
Blanch the broccoli and corn in a bowl of boiling water for 60-90 seconds. Transfer to a bowl of cold water and refresh for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
Combine the soy sauce, sugar and stock in a small bowl. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic and pork and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from the wok and set aside.
Add the capsicum, broccoli, corn and mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return the pork to the wok along with the soy sauce mixture and stir-fry for a further minute.
Divide between two plates or bowls and serve with the rice.