Cumin-crusted chicken & couscous salad
- 100g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- ¼ eggplant, cut into 1cm rounds
- Olive oil spray
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup couscous
- 200g lean chicken breast
- 1¼ tsp paprika (smoked or sweet)
- 1 tsp ground cumin, plus ½ tsp extra for the dressing
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs lemon peel
- 25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10g pepitas
- 2 fresh dates (or 4 dried dates)
- ½ cup baby rocket
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the sweet potato and eggplant on a baking tray lined with baking paper, lightly spray with oil and season. Bake for 10 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over ½ cup of boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to absorb for 5 minutes, then gently fluff the grains with a fork.
Coat the chicken with the paprika and cumin and lightly spray with oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
To make the dressing, mix the remaining cumin in a small bowl with the honey, lemon peel and lemon juice.
Add the pepitas, dates, sweet potato, eggplant and rocket to the couscous. Drizzle over the dressing and lightly toss. Top with the sliced chicken and serve with the lemon wedges.