Chilli prawns with pineapple salsa
- 2 cups finely diced pineapple
- ¼ avocado, diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 700g shelled raw prawns, tails intact
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups snow peas
- 2 red capsicum
- 2 cups brown or basmati rice, cooked
To make the salsa, place the pineapple, avocado, chilli, herbs and 1 tbs of lemon
juice in a bowl and toss to combine. In another bowl, combine the sweet chilli sauce, remaining lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger. Add the prawns and toss to coat thoroughly.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the prawns and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until they change colour. Transfer to a plate with any pan juices.
Return the pan to the heat and add the snow peas, capsicum and 1 cup of water. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, then add the cooked rice and stir for a further 2-3 minutes.
Divide the rice among plates. Add the prawns and drizzle over the pan juices, then top with the salsa to serve.