No matter how healthy you are, it’s very likely that you will get a cold or flu at some point.
- They’re caused when your immune system comes across any one of over 200 types of virus that can enter your body.
- Flu is caused by different viruses than a cold and produces more severe symptoms.
- A Cold is an infection of the lining of the nose, sinuses, throat, and large airways.
- Flu (Influenza) is an infection of the lungs and airways.
Symptoms of a Cold
- Congestion of your airways
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Swollen lymph glands
Symptoms of Flu
- Fever, chills and sweating
- Muscle aches
- Weakness and malaise
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
How to Manage a Cold or Flu
Practicing good hygiene and helping to support your immune system, with multivitamin supplements is helpful in trying to avoid a cold or flu. It is also important to have a diet high in fresh fruit and vegetables which are a great natural source of nutrients.
A good positive outlook, avoiding high stress situations and lifestyles, and learning to relax will also help in trying to avoid reoccurring illnesses.
Rest, drink lots of water, stay warm and avoid spreading the infection to others. Inhaling steam may help to relieve congestion.
You could also choose to take a combination of natural herbs, vitamins and nutrients daily, to strengthen your immune system and relieve the symptoms.